There are many forms of meditation. I have found this particular meditation focusing on Love and Light to be very effective.
“If thine eye be single, thy body will be full of light”. Matthew (6:22)
This single eye is a metaphor for the window in which the light enters the body. By focusing on God, the light of life, you allow illumination into the entire body through this window. If you can see through the single eye you can be filled with light and feel spiritually awakened.
“When you turn toward the light, you find that you are the light”.
You have everything you need to become enlightened. You were born with the light and you may have simply let it go dim. If you believe this then turn toward the light, follow the light, be the light. By Knowing that you are one with the light you will be filled with an overpowering joy, happiness, and unconditional love. This feeling will be so strong that you will refuse to see, hear, or accept the negative. Your light will transform you and those around you. If we all “light up” we can collectively transform the world.
Here are some insights for meditating on Love and Light.
- Believe in a Divine Principle – God.
- God is Love, Light, Spirit, and Universal Intelligence.
- We are connected individually and universally to God.
- We seek connection to God ALWAYS – in good times and in bad.
- God is a Source of nourishment in body, mind and soul.
- Through daily meditation we find connection, we experience this nourishment physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Find a time to be still EVERY DAY. You can do it anytime but if you choose a regular pattern each day it becomes habit – it is woven into the fabric of your day. For me it is in the morning after I have read some spiritual writings and/or listened to spiritual audios.
- Get yourself comfortable – I like to sit on a meditation cushion but a chair is fine – keep your posture upright, your spine tall, so the energy can flow. Your body is a channel for this powerful spiritual energy to flow. Your body is a temple for the Divine Light – the heart is the connection – guiding the energy in all directions – in and out – up and down – all around.
Begin to settle by following your long slow natural breathing.
- Transition to a sense of gratefulness for a new day on earth, another opportunity to increase your faith and knowledge in God, another opportunity to Love and Serve the Lord and one another.
- Thank that which is important to you and profess your love. For me: Thank You God, Thank You God, Thank You God, I Love You God, I Love You God, I Love You God, Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus, Thank You Jesus, I Love You Jesus, I Love You Jesus, I Love You Jesus, Thank You Holy Spirit, Thank You Holy Spirit, Thank You Holy Spirit, I Love You Holy Spirit, I Love You Holy Spirit, I Love You Holy Spirit.
- Envision a white light all around you – surrounding you like a cocoon – feel the warmth of the light, feel the energy of the light, feel the protection of the light, feel the Loving, Healing Nature of the white light.
- Allow yourself to breathe in this white light and picture it filling your entire body – cleansing, purifying, healing and nourishing every single cell of your body, your mind, your emotions, and your aura.
- Now be still, repeating to yourself the word LOVE, LOVE, LOVE over and over again until no repetition is needed and you feel the LOVE, sense the inner bliss. This is a state of complete oneness between the individual and God.
- You can also repeat So Ham or So Hum (I AM THAT). When your mind wanders or is curious about changes that are happening in your meditation – like entering different “layers” or stages – just stay focused and follow the light, follow the light, follow the light, repeat to yourself, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE…
- Stay with the meditation until you become tired and gently, gradually, come out of this meditative state.
If you are new to meditation start with 5 minutes and gradually increase a minute every day or let the increase happen naturally with no judgment of how long you are meditating. You are preparing your body, your temple, to be a vessel for this powerful spiritual energy.
You are training your mind to be where you want it to be, to stay where you want it to stay, to connect with, and to feel one with God.
Start the process over again tomorrow and you will pick up where you left off. If you do this regularly your meditations become deeper and longer and the effects are more lasting – these peaceful, loving vibrations are very powerful and affect not only you but all those around you.
Meditation helps to raise our vibration bringing us closer to our spiritual nature – allowing us to function from a higher realm of consciousness – in harmony with our Source. We are spiritual beings living a human life to learn, grow, and release that which no longer serves us. Human desire, whether you are conscious of it or not, is to connect with our spiritual nature, to be one with God.
In the beginning, was the Word and the Word was God (John 1:1), the vibration is AUM, Om…
Om, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti, Om… Peace, Peace, Peace… Amen, Amen, Amen…